Monday, February 18, 2013

Two New Patterns


I've been busy and I've released two new patterns this month with two more on the way. The first is Rose Sheldon. It's a pullover that I've been wearing frequently in the cold weather we have been having in Toronto. It's available on both Ravelry and Patternfish.


The name Rose Sheldon, like many of my pattern names, comes from the Agatha Christie mystery "At Bertram's Hotel". It is one of the wonderful Miss Marple series. Rose is a maid employed at the hotel.



The second is Vivien Barnaby, a shawl which was my Christmas knitting project. I like doing shawls as they are such an easily portable project. This one is a top down construction that starts from a three stitch garter tab. The lace is surprisingly easy as there are only four pattern rows needed to make this lovely stitch. I used a wool and silk blend from Handmaiden yarns. The pattern is available on Ravelry and Patternfish.





The name Vivien Barnaby comes from an Agatha Christie book of short stories "The Mysterious Mr. Quin." In Agatha Christie's Autobiography, she claims that Quin and a second recurring character in the stories, Satterthwaite became two of her favourite characters. 


The next two patterns will be an infinity scarf with matching gloves for hand dyed yarns and a classic cardigan in DK weight yarn.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sweater, simple yet stunning. It looks very wearable for a variety of sizes, always a challenge.

    ReplyDelete