Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Dear Readers

I seem to be coming to a point of transition. I've been writing this blog since June 8 2009. I started before I left my last job to pursue designing, publishing and teaching. 

In the past it always seemed easy to come up with lots of things to write about, but lately it's been feeling like a bit of a slog. 

I find I'd rather spend my days knitting and writing patterns. I'm not totally ready to completely give it up but I think I'll remove some of the pressure which I've been putting on myself to keep going by no longer sticking to a firm schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Friday posts.  I have quite a few outstanding interview requests out there  and I'll keep sending out more invitations as always, so I'll continue to post those as they arrive in my inbox. I know from the feedback from many of you that you enjoy the interviews. 

I'm going to try posting when I feel like it rather than on a predetermined schedule. I'll see how that goes.

Remember the blog is fully indexed so if you want to refer to my older posts go to the topic index at the top left hand side of the page. 

I may start an email list so if you are interested in that you can send me your details at robinknits@gmail.com

I am over on Instagram as  http://instagram.com/robinknits if you would like to follow me there.

Many thanks for all of your encouragement over the years,
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Dear Robin,

    I think I've read all of your thoughtful posts since the beginning.

    thank you.

    I hope that loosening the editorial calendar makes blogging fun again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine thanks for commenting. I had the same thought about making it less of a "must do" might change things for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Christine said. Life is too short. And we will be here whenever you choose to post. Mostly a huge THANK YOU for the wealth of knowledge that you share.
    ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. It's always more fun when you post because you have something to say, not because you feel like you have to!

    ReplyDelete