Friday, August 18, 2017

August Reboot Series - More on Barbie

This month I'm going to be doing some re-posting of older blog posts. Some  will have updates included as when I reread I often realize I've learned something new since the original post went up.  I hope to have all new interviews every Friday but many Pros take the month of August off and in past years I haven't always been able to get enough interviews back to fill all the August dates.  (As predicted I sent out a much higher number than usual of interview invitations but I don't yet have a new one to post.) 

http://cheezburger.com/7020119552


One of the most popular posts on my blog is about the Barbie factor and how it impacts body image for many women. I found the above image fascinating, now I'm thinking about how makeup plays into the negativity. In some ways I've become more relaxed about being seen without makeup by friends as I've gotten older, however I don't leave home without at least applying some, even if it's a short trip to run errands. 

How about you? Do you go out in public without your face done?  



The Huffington Post has a very interesting article on what is being called a normal Barbie. You can read the article here

Nickolay Lamm has now created a new option. It's a doll with realistic proportions scaled exactly to the average 19-year-old American woman's measurements. In the photo above the doll is posed next to Barbie. Elle magazine has an article here about the fundraising Lamm did for his project.

There is a chart comparing Barbie proportions to real women on my blog here


1 comment:

  1. Eyeliner. That's the minimum for leaving the house. Otherwise I feel...undefined, somehow.

    ReplyDelete