Monday, August 18, 2014

The Lily Price Shawl - New Pattern Release



I've just released this pattern here on Ravelry. It will be up on Patternfish soon. 

The silk and cashmere blend yarn feels fabulous against bare skin so I've worn it this summer dressed all in white over sleeveless tops. The white makes the lace very visible and I get to feel like a DIVA wrapped in a luxurious yarn. I never wear my samples until after they are photographed so I did not realize I should have done a photo with the shawl tied and knotted. Sometimes the fabric is too think to knot in a pretty way but not with this shawl.



The pattern is charted. The shawl is a triangular shawl, worked from the top down, from a garter stitch tab start.You can see my post here for more details on this technique. 

The lace stitch pattern for part of the design includes two features to take note of. The first is a twisted stitch at the base of the motif, the second is a double yarn over. On the wrong side, the double yarn over is worked as a p1, k1 into the larger loop to maintain the stitch count. All other wrong side rows are purl stitches only. The shawl can be made smaller by working charts 2, 3, 4 and 5 fewer times.




The name Lilly Price comes from Agatha Christie's The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side. Lily is warned by Miss Marple not to marry her fiance after he fails to prevent her from a near fall from a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment