Monday, May 2, 2016

Mayfair Top - New Pattern Release

Here's the next pattern in my ongoing collaboration with Signature Yarns. We debuted this one at this past weekend's Toronto Knitters Frolic.


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-mayfair-top


There are two versions; one in white cotton and the second in silver metallic rayon. Both are DK yarns which knit to the same gauge and are of course available in other colours.

I always think about garments and accessorizes in the way in which I would wear the item when I'm designing them. The cotton version is in a gorgeous tightly spun cotton with lots of sheen. I could see wearing it often in the summer with my skinny jeans or my cropped turquoise pants. If I knit it in a colour I'd be teaming it with white linen bottoms.





The rayon yarn is very drapey and the sheen of the metallic is subtle enough that you could dress it up or down very easily. It feels great against the body. Dressed down, I'd wear it with white jeans and simple accessories. Dressed up. I'd add metallic shoes and a bag. This yarn is available in an amazing rage of colours, many of them hand dyed in variegated ranges from subtle to bold.









No comments:

Post a Comment