Wednesday, July 15, 2015

How to Become a Knitting Star


I've been lucky enough to get to teach knitting a lot. I've taught everyone from absolute beginners to knitters who are masters in their own right. It's a great deal of fun and I've learned a lot from all them. Not everyone has the time or money to take an unlimited number of classes. I think we can be learn an awful lot on our own by keeping my Knitting Stars rules in mind.

1 Be curious.
2 Challenge yourself to learn new skills.
3 Use everything you knit as a learning opportunity.
4 Teach someone else what you know.
5 Try new techniques, compare variations.
6 Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. 

7 Read about knitting in books and on blogs.
8 Don't forget about YouTube.
9 Ask yourself, what if I did it this way instead?
10 Swatch everything (you knew I was going to include that one didn't you?).


1 comment:

  1. Great list, Robin! I always tell my student knitters to teach someone else.

    ReplyDelete