Wednesday, February 22, 2017

New Pattern - The Ruth Kettering Wrap

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ruth-kettering-wrap


I published a new pattern yesterday. It's the Ruth Kettering Wrap. This design came out of two requirements. The first is my ongoing issues with De Quervain's tenosynovitis. It is almost gone however, I'm finding cables and tight gauge knitting aggravates it. The other requirement has been the desire to downsize my stash. 

I've already knit three more versions of this wrap. It was a fabulous TV knitting and carry around project. My husband is still working on the photos of the stash buster versions of this pattern. I'll add them as projects to Ravelry as soon as they are ready. 

It's worked by starting from one narrow point. The stitches increase on one side and decrease at a much slower rate on the opposite edge. This method creates a shallow asymmetrical triangle with one extra-long point to wrap around your neck or pin into place. 

It’s an easy knit, suitable for any knitter who is comfortable working simple shaping. The stripes are worked in a reversible textural stitch. All rows but one in the pattern repeat are worked as all knit stitches. The pattern provides a straightforward three colour version, as well as enough detail to use it as a base for a stash busting version. The picot stitch on all edges allows for easy finishing, providing a place to bury ends when working with multiple colours. 

When using the pattern as a stash buster, multiple yarn weights can be combined. Choose the needle size recommended for the heaviest weight yarn. Striping patterns can be worked randomly to accommodate unequal yardages of different colours. Each stripe requires approximately four times the width of the work. The cast off edge requires approximately seven times the width of the work.





BTW, it's very helpful for me if my readers go to the Ravelry page for my patterns and click on add to favorites or add to queue. It means more knitters see my patterns and they don't get lost at the bottom of the list when Ravellers do searches for specific project types. 


No comments:

Post a Comment