Monday, November 11, 2013

High Fashion Knits



I love looking at high fashion knits and with the Internet it's so easy to find photos of runway shows and fashion exhibits. I enjoy the art pieces that are unlikely to be worn but have an interesting intellectual perspective. 

Designers demonstrate conceptual pieces to set a mood They know buyers are probably not going to place orders for these pieces.  Bizarre unwearable clothing has a place in a designers life because playing with ideas can result in innovations that impact the wearable pieces. They also bring media attention to the more wearable items in a collection. 

Unfortunately I'm confused by the unwearable pieces in the photos above. They are beyond over-sized and I find myself wishing the designer was able to share more about the concept or what they were trying to achieve. I suspect it could be very interesting to find out more. This is one of the limiting aspects of the Internet, the photos end up detached from the explanation.

1 comment:

  1. The first sweater pictured I've seen at least 5 of very similar design being sold. $138 to over $500. Knit in garter stitch with a loose tension.Though this one seems to be st st. The sleeves in the same pic are being put on many other sweater styles.

    ReplyDelete